Here is what has reported in the last 24 hour:
- City are close to sign Pablo Osvaldo, according to various sources (None from broadsheet paper though)
- Alvaro Negredo’s arrival at the Eastland is imminent (Reported in various medias, incl. BBC & Guardian)
- Signing Edinson Cavani is beginning to slip away, as PSG are preparing to match the Napoli’s price tag. (Reported in Skysports & FoxSports.)
- Scott Sinclair has been constantly on the transfer rumour and his latest potential destination is Newcastle, according to Skysports, as Joe Kinnear is keen to sign him.
- City are still in for swooping Fiorentina’s starlet Stevan Jovetic, as his potential transfer to Juventus is on halt, due to poor relationship between two clubs. Arsenal are also interested. (Reported in AS and Skysports)
- Aleksandar Kolarov’s future will be decided soon if Galatasaray decide to cough up £1.25-million for his loan fee with £5 million of signing option. (Reported in the Express)
- Julian Draxler, who was sensational for Schalke 04 last season, became the latest target for various clubs, which includes City. (Reported in Daily Star)
- Edin Dzeko’s future seems to lie in Madrid, after Atletico Madrid showed interest to spend some of profit made from selling Radamel Falcao. (Reported in Guardian)
So far, City have signed two brilliant players, who can provide strength and flair to Ciy’s paper thin midfield area (considering City only have Yaya Toure and David Silva to rely on, yes two midfielders are not enough for a 50+ games) but, after sending Super Mario and Carlos to Italy, City are genuinely lacking firepower and the quality of those players, who has been speculated for past two months, seem to lack quality. Now that City have missed out on signing Cavani, who was only quality striker available in the transfer market, City have to make the next move pretty soon, otherwise, City will be experiencing another goal-deficient season.
Here today’s completed transfer:
David Villa (Barcelona -> Atletico Madrid, £4.4 million)
Eric Abidal (Unattached -> Monaco, Free)
Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich -> Fiorentina, £17.2 million)Arouna Kone (WIgan Athletic -> Everton, £6 million)