Here are the rumours that went around in last 24 hours:
- Pellegrini has been looking at hot-tempered Portuguese international Pepe to replace Joleon Lescott. Sadly (?) though Carlos Ancelotti seems likely to block this potential deal. (Reported in Telegraph and Independent)
- Consequently, Joleon Lescott is likely to retain his place in the squad, as Pellegrini confirms that he will reject offers for him (But still does not mean we don’t need another centre-back though) (Reported in Telegraph)
- Stevan Jovetic deal seems to be progressing as it is now identified that his release is £27million and spotted his agent seems to be roaming around to strike the deal. As part as Mathias Natasic deal last season, Caughtoffside is mentioned that City has first refusal on Jovetic. (Reported in ESPN & The Sun)
- Pursuit of Steven Jovetic means City’s interest on Pablo Osvaldo has cool down. (Thank god for that... Remember Rolando Bianchi?) (Reported in Daily Express)
- It seems Micah Richards’ new contract talk has been prolonged for a while and it is now reported that Richards would like to see Pellegrini’s plan prior to sign the contract. While there is reported interest from Inter, Richards also wants increase on his already buffed up salary of £65,000. (Reported in Daily Mail & Guardian)
- According to media reports from Argentina, Carlos Tevez was told to lost six kilos of his weight ahead of next season. During his medical at Juventus Stadium, medical team discovered he was overweight and Antonio Conte admonished him to lose the weight.
In comparison to what has been a very active transfer market since the end of season, City have been relatively quiet one until now. Spending £50million on two good players is sounding investment (and I am sure they will improve City’s chance to regain the Premier League title in the upcoming season) but I am not sure on whether it has enhanced the current squad status, which will guarantee the success in the Champions League. Overall quality of incoming players looks good compare to last year’s hastily bought peripheral players but I think, the squad needs bulk up a little bit more to achieve goal for next season, which are to regain the league title and good champions league campaign.
Today’s Completed Transfer (Selected):
Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar -> Sunderland, £8.8million)
Henrik Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk -> Borussia Dortmund, £23million)
Rolando Bianchi (Torino -> Bologna, Free)